We are well versed with the need for Anti-Virus and nowadays, it’s like a staple piece for our digital platform and for our PCs to have protection against cyber threats and crimes. Learn below to know more about How to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Updating Problem.
When we talk about Anti-Virus, the first Anti-Virus that hits the mind is Avast. Avast Anti-Virus system is the most competitive one and serves the computer security platform by taking care of the web pages, network security scanners, browser protection and more. It offers a ton of features in concern with the Anti-Virus protection and thereby making it hard to choose the best feature for your system.
This makes it important enough to update the Anti-Virus software consistently on your computers as your computers are regularly in threat of the new viruses hitting the web world. The Anti-Virus contains a list of latest files of all known viruses which are break out on an everyday basis. To ensure the best protection possible for your systems, updating your Antivirus system is a prime concern.
Fix Avast Antivirus Not Updating Issue
Now it’s a real challenge in case you find issues while updating your Avast Anti-Virus. Sometime, this could be due to improper DNS settings or in case of a firewall running parallel on the system. Luckily, it can be fixed easily and with few basic checks and steps.
(Solution 1) Hence, if in trouble Avast Antivirus Not Updating, carry out the following steps:
- Open the command prompt (Windows + R key).
- In the prompt window command box, type ‘ncpa.cpl’. It opens to the Internet connection Network settings.
- Under the Network and Internet sharing center, click on the Adapter setting.
- Now, in the properties option, click on the General tab.
- Then set the DNS tab by entering 22.214.171.124 and set the alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199.
This is to use the Google DNS address. After this, check if the Avast Anti-Virus resumes updating.Avast Antivirus Not Updating
(Solution 2) In case, the issue persists, follow the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the topmost right side of the corner, there will be a gear-shaped icon, click on to that.
- After that, click on to Internet options.
- If unable to access the internet explorer, open the command prompt window again (windows + R).
- Type ‘control.exe’ to open the control panel.
- Under the computer settings of the control panel, click Network and Internet and thereafter click ‘Internet Options’.
- Under the ‘Internet Options’, click on the tab ‘Advanced’ and at the bottom right side, click on to the ‘Reset’ option.
- This will open to a new window and again click on to the ‘Reset’ tab. This will reset the Internet
After performing these instructions, as per the sequence, you shall be able to fix the Avast Antivirus Not Updating issue. If the issue still persists, you can reach out to Avast Antivirus Customers Support at support.avast.com.Avast Antivirus Contact Center
(Solution 3) Mentioned below are some other reasons that cause problem:
- Incompatibility issues: The Avast software, app or version you are using might not be compatible with the windows. This leads to Avast definition failure. To fix this follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Avast and go to the ‘Menu’ and then click the tab ‘Settings’.
- Under the interface ‘Update’, click ‘Check for updates’ tab. This shall update your Avast software.
In case the Avast Antivirus not updating issue persists, You can always reach out to Avast Antivirus Customers Support.Avast Antivirus Support
(Solution 4) Move ahead with the following steps or as mentioned:
- Open up the Control panel.
- Under the control panel, open the ‘Program and Features’.
- Click the app ‘Avast Free Antivirus’ and click change.
- Once a new window opens up, click ‘Repair’. This shall help in fixing the Avast updating issue.
- The second option is to ‘Reinstall Avast’.
- It is always suggested to use a professional uninstaller like IObit while uninstalling the Avast.
- Open the Command prompt window, type ‘msconfig’. This opens up to a System configuration window.
- Under this, click on to the Safe boot option and click ok.
- Now, go ahead and restart the PC.
- Once you have done restarting, run avastclear.exe file to clear all the residual files.
- Shift the PC to the normal mode and the again download and install the latest version of the Avast software.
Avast Antivirus Customers Support Is Available 24x 7 For Real-Time Problem Solving
This shall surely fix the Updating issue. Last you can also troubleshoot using built-in troubleshoot menu in the Avast software to update the definitions. Surely there might be many ways to fix this issue and it is one of a common issue yet not to be neglected at all. You should never compromise on any issues in concern with Avast Antivirus and in particular updating the software and Avast Antivirus Not Updating. Also, make it a routine to do regular scan through Avast Anti-Virus on your system. If nothing works in your favor, you always have Avast Antivirus support for assistance.