Norton Antivirus is one of the best and suggested antiviruses, which protects your computer from all the negative aspects and makes it work on your computer safely. Learn Below to Know About Why Norton Antivirus Won’t Open and How to fix it.
A common problem faced by personal and portable computers is malware and virus. The antivirus security tool can eliminate these problems efficiently. In case of installation or any other technical problem, you can contact antivirus customer service at support.norton.com. Therefore, they can offer the best security services to Norton users.
Follow the step-by-step procedure to update Norton antivirus:
Method 1: Norton Power User Eraser
- Open Norton antivirus security settings
- Make sure you have a working Internet connection
- Now click “Live Update”
- Restart your PC and try Open Norton antivirus
Method 2: If Norton antivirus won’t open on your computer, don’t panic. You can use Norton Power Eraser; it will use information in the cloud application to scan your computer. It will detect and remove malware. present on your computer. Follow the steps to use Norton power eraser:
- Visit the official Norton
- website Download Norton Power Eraser for your PC
- Double click the Norton power eraser
- configuration file Accept the
- terms and agreement Now open Norton Power Eraser and click scan
- 404 problems Now make the changes according to recommendation
- Restart PC
Method 3: Reinstall Norton Antivirus in Windows 10
The best and easiest way to fix Norton antivirus problem is to uninstall and re-install install the software. Please read below steps, uninstall and reinstall Norton antivirus on Windows 10.
- Download Norton removal tool from Norton official website only.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run
- Click ” Remove and reinstall “Option
- Now, click remove then Ok
- After uninstall, restart your PC
- Now, click Reinstall Norton Antivirus Software.
Go to the valid tactics that help eliminate the problem and offer the best tips to get the problem se solved in a very short period of time. But sometimes you face error and in this case one of the things to do on Mac device that solves the problem in no time.Norton Won’t Open
How do I fix Norton Antivirus Won’t Open Problem?
The Norton Antivirus program does not open. associated with your Norton not starting properly: “8504,104”, “8506,421” and “3048.3” errors. These errors appear when you try to load Norton and one aspect of its startup routine fails. Before trying any of their downloadable error-fixing tools, Norton recommends simply restarting your computer. The restart clears the system memory and closes all programs, including Norton; when the computer starts up again, Norton will do the same as well, which could fix any error messages that appear. Conflicting files sometimes cause problems in Norton, and a restart clears the conflicts.
Solution 1: Update Norton Antivirus to fix the problem not working or Norton Antivirus won’t open
Norton periodically releases software updates and virus definitions to provide a better user experience for customers. To update Norton, please do the following:
- Open Security Settings – Run Connect to the Internet and click Live Update
- Wait for Norton Antivirus to finish updating.
- Then restart your computer and run Norton as before. The problem with Norton is simply reinstalling it from scratch.
You can use the following steps to remove and reinstall Norton on your computer:
- First, download the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool.
- Double-click the NRnR icon to run the tool.
- Select the ‘Remove and Reinstall’ option and proceed.
- Click on ‘Remove’ and press OK to confirm.
- Once the program is uninstalled, restart our computer and reinstall Norton using the official install commands.
After doing this, May be your Norton Antivirus Won’t Open issue is solved, If not try Next Solution
Solution 2: One of several issues that may prevent Norton from protecting you.
- Step 1 – Right-click Norton and see if you can access Properties. “If you can, click on it and read if there are any errors with the program. If so, click on the errors and try to remove them.
- Step 2 – Click Add / Remove Programs if you cannot see or delete any errors. under “My Computer” or “Control Panel.” Scroll through the programs that are installed and click Norton. Remove it. Then either put the installation disc or go to the site where you downloaded Norton. Download the program again at to delete any errors with your original program.
- Step 3 – Contact Norton Internet Security Troubleshooting at the resource site if you receive a specific error message If you type the error message in the search bar, you will get specific instructions on How to solve the problem of Norton Antivirus won’t open or not working.
NORTON Antivirus Mac issues
The Norton Antivirus software will help you remove all virus from your devices. If you are faced with Norton antivirus software installed on your Mac computer, please follow the instructions below to resolve the issue of Norton Antivirus won’t open:
- Close all applications on your Mac computer and restart your computer.
- Download the RemoveSymantEcMacfiles tool from the manufacturer’s rod, follow the instructions below.
- Select the Finder icon and then navigate to GO Downloads.
- NOW, STARTING THE REMOVESYMANTECMACFILE main window.
- Using -> select terminal (terminal). Default setting) and then click the “Open” button. In conjunction with Norton Antivirus software, enter 2.
- After removing the Symantec files, type y in the Terminal window and restart your Mac computer
- Enter the email address and password and click the Sign In button to log into the Norton Account sign in.
- When the Getting Started window opens, select the Download Norton option.
- Select Agree & Download OK.
- Open the Norton Product Installer software you downloaded and accept the Norton product terms by clicking the Agree & Download button. Click Install.
- Select Join Now, or May Choose Later, then enter the Administrator password.
- Select Click the Install Help option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Norton product installation.
Norton Antivirus Won’t Open Or Not Working on Mac
- After closing all the opened applications on your computer, restart your Mac computer.
- Remove the Norton Antivirus software on your Mac computer and then download it from the manufacturer site.
- Install the Norton Antivirus software by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Norton Won’t Install on Mac
Proceed with the instructions mentioned below to disable the Norton Firewall temporarily.
- Make use of the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file to remove the folders that are created by Norton.
- Access the Finder menu and then go to the menu bar to select the Downloads folder.
- Navigate to the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder. You will find the RemoveSymantecMacFiles. command file and click on it to open it using Terminal.
- Tap Open in the next step and key in the Administrator password. Press the Return key.
- Next, you have to press 1 to delete all the Symantec files from that folder.
- Press Return and wait till the SymantecFiles are removed completely.
Get in touch with the experts if the issue is not resolved.
Contact Norton Customer Care to Avail Technical Help Related to Norton Issues
If you are facing any issues while using Norton antivirus then you can call on toll-free number. You can fix any type of problem with the help of Norton Tech Support Phone Number. It offers user highly advanced technicians who are experts in finding the best solution for representative issues by delivering topmost support. Customers looking for quality can directly contact to the official page of Norton Support. Technicians hired by us are skilled and perfect in resolving simple and complex issues.